30 March 2011

elle decor & design*sponge on why twitter matters (and how to use it)


there is a reason why social media is the topic du jour- it works, and like it or not, we all have to embrace it-  if you don't, the train is going to pass you by. at our panel last week (oy- again with the panel, m21!) we were all in agreement- you have to use the big three platforms of social media to get your brand out there: blogs, facebook pages, and twitter. you can't just blog any longer, all three need to be used in conjunction. personally, i know lots of design people who have embraced the former two, and ignored the latter (the twitters), and to do so is at your own peril, as twitter is where the conversation amongst your audience is truly happening. so wholeheartedly embracing all three platforms is simply the inarguable fact of doing business in 2011. (tip- there are social media experts who can help you with all this if it seems overwhelming).

today, elle decor.com interviewed grace bonney of design*sponge on the how's and why's of twitter, and it was a eye-opening piece. y'all should read it- go here to become enlightened...

seriously, if elle decor and design*sponge think we need to tweet, who are we mere mortals to resist? so, i'll see you on the twitters, right?

8 comments:

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Ah....you are making me feel guilty. I've had a twitter account for two years and ignore it most of the time. I'll do better....although I noticed everytime I post on facebook it shows up on twitter too. Still I am not using both to their full potential at all.

Brillante Interiors said...

Twit Twit!!

Blue Fruit said...

Great article ~ thanks for the link and shout out ~ it has some really useful information. And yep, twitter is SUCH a different medium to facebook and blogging, they each have their place.

Brillante Interiors said...

Live and learn! I entered the Blog world, then Facebook, then Twitter and still learning all of it. Now I have seen you on Thumbrl (or whatever)...oh my poor brain but what needs to be done will be done.

jones said...

Hi Christian, I know this is true. Have been reading up on twitter and it is so powerful (I just hate the concept--I know old school). But if I have to do it--I will (kicking and screaming all the way). Thanks for the heads up. Mary

John J. Tackett said...

Everyone who is in The Know agrees with you. I may be left in the cyberdust however. __ The Devoted Classicist

Tammy@InStitches said...

I wish I could have been there for the panel ! I've been twittering for a little while and just started a FB fan page after I kept hearing that I needed one. Going to check out the elle article......

Suzy said...

I'm still resisting...