|st. jude, patron saint of lost causes|
|the brizo #blogger 19 gang|
|flags from the countries with doctors working at st. jude. all research results are posted online for world wide access with NO profit motive. isn' that the way medicine should be?|
|rockin out in the brizo photo booth|
during our day at st. jude, we had all kinds of activities where we interacted with the kids, and you know what? though lots didn't have hair because of the chemo, in every other way they were just normal little kids, laughing and playing and being silly. so heart warming.
|a cutie enjoying the brizo designed and donated dollhouse.|
i worked a photo booth, disinfecting the props in between groups of kids getting their rockstar photo on (didn't want to spread anything around), and brizo designed and built some amazing dollhouses for the kids. everyone, kids, families and us brizo peeps, all had a great time!
|the wallpaper and flooring is interchangeable in each doll house room- so cool.|
|this patient drawn elephant was fantastic.|
|a snippet from one of the arts and crafts rooms- there are tv rooms, music rooms, study centers, you name it...|
|hard to get the scale here, but this is a full sized kitchen, scaled down for children. so awesome.|
|each ward has a different theme.|
|great solution to a load-bearing pillar in a lobby- turned into a mast for a sailboat shaped reception desk, nicknamed the "s.s.hope".|
|a personal fave of mine, a volunteer with a therapy dog. doggies lift the spirits of anyone, but kids especially, so i'm glad this treatment is included at st. jude|
How do your donations help?
- Thanks to donors, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. Care, housing, transportation, meals—the list of services we provide to our families is unequalled. But it is for one purpose: To ensure the very best outcome possible for every child.
- At St. Jude, donor dollars help fuel the groundbreaking research that leads to pioneering care and treatments for childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
How is St. Jude making a difference for sick children?
- Every child saved at St. Jude means children saved around the world—a direct result of cutting-edge research and treatment that set the standard in treating childhood cancers. And our discoveries are shared freely with doctors and scientists all over the world.
- St. Jude developed protocols that have helped push overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20 percent, when the hospital opened in 1962, to 80 percent today.
- St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
- St. Jude has embarked on an unprecedented effort to sequence the pediatric cancer genome and to identify the genetic changes that give rise to some of the world's deadliest childhood cancers. Read more.
How are donations used?
- During the past five years, 81 cents of every dollar received has supported the research and treatment at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude, and public donations provide more than 75 percent of our funding.
Donate now to help St. Jude save the lives of children in communities everywhere.
st. jude = simply amazing. help if you can!