04 February 2009

mad for decorating (home tour w/mad men's bryan batt)

did y'all know that a member of the sexiest cast of the sexiest show on television, is mad for decorating? we stumbled across this "decorate like a mad man, with bryan batt" video on myhomeideas.com. if you haven't seen it yet, it's worth a viewing...
batt also owns a home and giftware store called hazelnut (also in new orleans). m21 visited the store's website and really liked these b&w photo print pillows by roy barloga. who knew television stars could could have secret lives as decorators? we're mad for the idea!

5 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I loved watching that! Now I really have to plan a trip to New Orleans. The list of shops and art galleries that I want to visit is growing.

I really like his design philosophy - it is very laid back. I loved his tips on paint. I just got my kitchen painted (I had three layers of wallpaper taken down), and I was spending way too much time thinking about what paint color to go with. Finally, my husband told me to just pick a color - after all, it's just paint, and if we hate it we can always change it later.

I went with F&B clunch (the walls had faux paint looking celadon green wallpaper before, which I was so tired of) - very neutral - and now the wall is in desperate need of a great piece of contemporary art to liven things up. I am on the hunt for something fabulous. Don't you love it when changing one thing causes a chain reaction in spending?

tula said...

love him! "don't be afraid of color, what did it ever do to you?" thanks for this, maison!

katiedid said...

Quite a talented guy! Fun to see multi-talented people show their stuff.

muralimanohar said...

Daaammn...I don't watch that show (since moving to watching all my tv shows by download, in self defense, after constantly either battling the footy or cricket schedule, or trying to drown out the shouted instructions on WoW, I have a hard time picking up new shows. I need to rectify that), but those cushions are to DIE for. And I am really not a cushion person, either!

Topsy Turvy said...

Love those pillows!

-Lana