12 February 2009

OMG (RIP)

the last issue of domino arrived, and maison21 flipped though it with a heavy heart. sad because it's gone forever, and also sad because the most of the last issue was "meh"- nothing special, and we really wanted our beloved domino to go out with bang, not a whimper.

at least the last issue gave m21 one seared into his design memory bank moment: nina campbell's living room- so chic with it's mixture of glitzy 80's and antiques. love.
and that mantle? OMFG! (as the kids say)- old maison's heart actually stopped for a second. sheer perfection- all shiny brass, mirrored chrome(?) and glossy black (love the lacquered geese too). and the pièce de résistance? crystal logs! so damned chic (and useless), m21 just can't stand it!

thanks domino, for giving us one last parting image to savor, and in an odd way, that image will help us get over your loss... you see, m21 will be far too busy to mourn domino's passing, as he now has a new project to occupy his time: we've bought plywood and are going to just bolt it over the disgusting hole in our living room wall we used to call a fireplace- if we can't have nina's, we'd prefer not to have one at all...

bye, domino- i'll miss you.

7 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

I haven't seen the issue yet as I just received the previous last week. But, I think that Campbell's residence was shot before - was it HG? But I don't remember the fireplace so maybe it's been evolving.

Habitually Chic said...

I was just talking about this with my friend Kelly who received her issue today too. I thought Michael Bargo's apartment looked very unfinished compared to his last one but I did like Dara's. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter since it's done. I just wish they would have published the April issue that highlights all the young designers to watch since they had already shot most of it!

Ivy Lane said...

Baaa Bye!

Suzy said...

Yum, that is one fab looking fireplace!

vicki archer said...

Crystal logs - amazing! xv

Mrs. Blandings said...

M - I think I was wrong - I do think this is a new residence now that I've seen it. I did think there were some strong features in this issue. They have always been good at individual, personal interiors.

Diva Style said...

Man, I felt the same way about the last Dom...nothing special. Oh well. I wish it was still around though!!