07 August 2010

a whole different animal (a 2 month tedaversary update)

the tedster on our walk tonight

ted and i celebrated our two month anniversary this week, and the 60 day mark must have been a milestone of sorts, because all of a sudden, ted is a whole different animal (in a good way).

ted, two weeks ago- happy, but a little guarded and subdued

he's been a quiet little guy since he's been here, happy, but never really exuberant in the way an excited dog normally is. i didn't know if that was his disposition, and he was just a super mellow fellow, or if he was still a bit shell shocked at the changes in his life. turns out to be the later, i think, as in the last week, a spunky, confident, little personality has rather suddenly emerged. he's gone from being the quietest dog i've ever known, to letting out surprisingly deep barks when excited. when i return from a day with a client or shopping, i don't just get a wagging tail, now i get acrobatics! last, since ted arrived, i've tried to interest him in play session with a toy, but he's never shown the slightest interest but as of last week, for the first time, he played with me! still showed no interest in the toy, but he did that cute little downward dog thing, and ran in crazy little dog circles for a few minutes (yes, i might have got a little verklempt at this milestone).

the new, improved, jaunty lil' theodore

he's just become smilier and happier, and that makes me smilier and happier too. i can't wait to see how his little personality continues to unfold- so far, so good!

ps- ted and richard get along great now too. richard has come to adore ted, and gives him regular headbutts of affection. so cute.


15 comments:

jones said...

Yes, he certainly has passed the 60-day milestone with flying colors. I love the racing in circles dance when I get home--except at 28" at the shoulder, Jones' welcome circle dance can be a bit intimidating for the uninitiated. Congratulations on working miracles. Mary

Teresa Hatfield said...

How sweet. Ted is adorable!
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

Melissa said...

Hi M21,
I have been reading your blog for about a year now and It killed me when your dog died- I cried, (mine died right around then too- I felt your pain) I love reading about Ted- what a sweet little man, he is just the cutest thing. I was supposed to wait a year to get another dog, two months later i rescued Bella and Charli from the pound- both Cavelier mixes and the best thing I've ever done. Keep telling us about your handsome Ted- I love the stories.
Melissa at www.designtrackmind.com

Karena said...

Christian I do believe this could be a lasting relationship....I know I would adore him!!

Karena
Art by Karena

Dianne said...

So glad things are going well. He is a cutie!

bazaarofserendipity said...

this post gave me the chills! its warms my heart beyond belief that you gave teddy a new life! he's so lucky to have you!!!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Look at his smiling face! You've made him soooo happy. So amazing. I love love seeing his smiling face. I never tire of Ted posts.

Elizabeth said...

What a lucky boy Ted is! I'm enjoying these updates- who could resist that face?

Rebecca June said...

Isn't that the best? He finally knows that you gave him his forever home and he has relaxed. I am so happy for both of you!

xoxo

Rebecca June

Vickie H. said...

I know Mona is so proud of you, welcoming little Teddy into your heart and home as you and Richard have. While I miss seeing her sweet face every now and then in a blog post, I am happy to see Teddy, learning the ropes, making his own way in your new world. May God bless and keep you all.

katiedid said...

Yay! My pups and I are doing a little happy dance in honor of Ted right now! Happy tedaversary to you both. :)

Grant K. Gibson said...

He is all settled in now! I think that it takes a while for them to know it is ok to relax and that they have a "forever home". Do you know what his past house was like at all?

Susan S said...

This post made me teary-eyed. At first thought, I wondered how you manage to get smiley dogs, but then an "ah-huh" moment occurred and I figured out that it's you who puts the smile on the dog and, of course, vice versa!

Happy tails,
Susan S

P.S. I love this... said...

He has the CUTEST smile!

CJ/Rick said...

He is the cutest little fella. Glad he is starting to show his true colors. I spend a lot of time studying my girls:one is quite happy and demonstrative while the other more reserved.