13 April 2011

the old switcheroo

we were originally going to post this chair to mock it- something along the lines of "we love color and we love pattern, but we don't love *this*", but then after saving it to our desktop, a funny thing happened and we had a change of heart-  we actually kinda love it now. we picture it in a very mid-century/boho sorta room- you know, shaggy rya rug, leggy fifties floor lamps, a little danish modern here and there, along with some brass tchotckes and maybe a morrocan pouf...
soren chair on sale at anthropologie for $699.95- even though they probably made hundreds of them, it's still a lotta one of a kind style for the price.

whaddya you guys think? should we switch back to our first opinion?

12 comments:

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

Well, Christian, I haven't had time to grow attached to it, haha! I agree it would look great in the right place, and Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores.
Have a great and colorful day.
Teresa
xoxo

erin@designcrisis said...

I could rock that chair like a hurricane.

Inspirational Sketchbook said...

I don't know....I may still be with your original reaction. Perhaps more than the fabric, I am bothered by the chair back, which is reminding me of ET's head. Huh. Roxanne

Jane George said...

It looks like it's about to speak unsettling words in a fractured voice. I rely on chairs to comfort me. I have to vote no, however, I'm not a designer. But your room description would make a fab movie set.

Design Junkie said...

Well, I like the colors and the shape and your vision sounds swell.

jones said...

Switch back.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I dig it.

My problem with crazy patterned chairs is that I already have crazy patterned art and crazy patterned pillows. I think if I went for the chairs too my brain might explode. That could be a good things though...

maison21 said...

naomi- crazy patterned chairs, art and pillows create a room unique to you- go for it! there is too much boring beige in the world!

Margaret said...

Christian, are you rocking the chair with your bell-bottoms, beads and Lennon shades? Then, it's cool; otherwise you must dress around the chair, i.e., elephant in the room teen girl chair. (Not that being a teen girl is bad.)

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Am I gonna get cheese thrown at me for not digging the shape, I love the fabric though. I know I suck.

allysonkirk said...

I've loved that chair since the moment I saw it. Even clipped it out to save in my inspiration file.
Can see it in a monochromatic or analogous color scheme (ahades of turquoise/green) as a whimsical pop of color/pattern.

Bromeliad said...

I like the color and the pattern. The shape is a little weird. Sort of like a Star Trek walk-on character.