27 July 2011

patina style (thank you, brooke!)

coming home from vacation is always a bittersweet thing- i'm always glad to be sleeping in my own bed again, and to be with my best pals, ted and richard; but knowing that the next morning i have to hit the ground running, and it's no more cocktails, pool time, and naps all day, is like a slap in the face!  but you know what helps that transition a bit?  coming home to find a beautifully wrapped parcel with my name on it, sitting on my doorstep! 

such was the case this week, when a lovely "brown paper package, tied up with string" awaited to greet me as i arrived home- the talented brooke gianetti, of velvet & linen, sent me a copy of her new book, patina style, co-authored with her equally talented architect husband, steve,  complete with a thoughtful personal inscription, no less.  a lovely gesture from a truly lovely woman, and also a nice distraction from the sobering return to everyday life, as i lost myself in the pages over my monday morning coffee...

brooke and steve's relaxed, weathered, and layered style is on full display in the gorgeous photography of the book, and they also clearly lay out the elements and philosophy behind their signature style, so it's not just a pretty picture book, but practical as well.

thank you so much for the gift of your amazing book, brooke- it has a place of honor on my coffee table, not only as a fantastic addition to my design book collection, but also as a treasured gift from a generous and talented woman i am happy to call my friend.

ps- for those of you who aren't lucky enough to have a talented interior designer and author like brooke as a friend, y'all better skidaddle on over to amazon and buy yourself a copy today! ;-) you can't also get a *signed* copy (like mine!) at giannetti home...



2 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

they're just the sweetest and talented couple -don't you just hate them! LOL What a great present :-) I can't wait to see the book myself!

David said...

I love their look, and I don't think anyone does it better. What a nice gift.