07 October 2009

wish i'd thunk of it

m21 isn't big on posting things from the latest decor magazines- we all read the same ones, after all; but every so often, he gets bowled over and just has to say something- and today after opening the latest house beautiful and seeing this, he has to say:

"&*#%!, why didn't *i* think of that?"

ka-brilliant- the standard chiavari ballroom chair rendered in clear acrylic- a fun take on a tried and true classic. practical too- a great way to cram lots of seating around a small table (for those of us with space challenged dining rooms) without looking too cluttered, still with retaining visual interest and wit.

really, why *didn't* i think of it first? (i blame the 80's).

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I love these too - wish I could've had them for my wedding reception...I went with the classic gold.

Material Girls- Emily said...

I am OBSESSED with these too! I ripped out this page from HB and stuck it in my "if i ever get married file" because I want to use these at my future wedding- even if it's just the bride/groom chairs! Either these or two ghost chairs. But these are so unique! And after the wedding, you could keep them as mementos and use them as desk or vanity chairs or what not.

Urban Flea said...

Oh lordy I want it! What an awesome find, thanks for sharing. Mind if I give you shout out for this one over at Urban Flea?

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

Edward said...

I too thought why didn't I think of that. I wish I had the money for the sales of those chairs. I am sure they are going to show up in every Wedding Palace from Boston to San Diego. Granted they are a good idea but, for fear of seeing too many of them I wouldn't suggest them to a client.

Miche said...

I just saw this in person--it looks great! Definitely perfect for around the dining room table.

mary said...

I love it, too. Now what do I do with my other chairs?

katiedid said...

Haha! I saw this too and agree 100%. Such a classic. And shame on you for not thinking of this first! ;)