04 December 2009

innocent!

whaddya mean what did i do? i'm just sitting here on the stairs, staring at the ceiling, minding my own business.


what fireplace would you be referring to? oh, the one you normally keep blocked off by your grandmother's chinoiserie screen? that one? don't know anything about it...


but- hypothetically speaking, of course- if YOU forgot to put the screen back after YOUR fire, and someone (not me, mind you) maybe investigated inside a little bit during the middle of the night, and then even later, perhaps waged an epic battle with a moth all over the living room and entry hall; well then, it wouldn't really be their fault now, would it?


you have only yourself to blame, m21. but me? i'm innocent. swear.

oxoxo-

richard.

12 comments:

tartanscot said...

I think I'm with Richard on this particular incident.

hope it wasn't TOO dreadful to get everything cleaned up.

scooter

jones said...

How could you even think that Richard would ever leave ashes on the walls? And of course, he's innocent!! Love this post--so true. I was expecting a tale of silver balls and a denuded Christmas tree. xo, Mary

jvw home said...

....paw prints match....he's So busted!

happy wknd!



http://jvwhome.blogspot.com

Brillante Home Decor said...

This is so cute! It reminds me of Geronimo, my pointer, when he was a puppy...I came home to find burnt (and chewed)logs all over the off white carpet. I was renting and luckily everything came off but what a disaster at first. (Actually it may have been Santa, not Geronimo, but I blamed him!)

Bonnie said...

OMG! That's so funny! Looks like he was trying to catch the Chinoiserie birds!

custardbydesign said...

hilarious... thanks for sharing

maison21 said...

richard says thanks for the support, everybody!

and m21 says he thinks it's as funny as everyone else- how could i ever blame the little guy? he likes to explore, and that is an area usually off limits, so nature took it's course. thank goodness there were no burnt little paws involved! everything cleaned up pretty well, though the wall next to the fireplace could use some more scrubbing- gotta get to the store to buy a mr. clean magic eraser!

Suzy said...

too cute! (hope those paw prints didn't take too long to clean up though!)

Annie said...

oh my goodness that's hilarious! That's totally something my pug would do & blame my kids!

jamesxvi said...

I like it... give that cat some paint and a canvas!

{this is glamorous} said...

too funny -- and that face! completely adorable

camdesign said...

oh my goodness that's hilarious! I laughed till I cried and then some...