11 July 2010

ancient decorator's secret


tip #1- if you are an absentminded decorator like m21, and you find you've left your measuring tape in the last showroom you visited, or at home, or on the roof of your car- where it later skids off and smashes into pieces in the street (leaving a nice scratch in the process), a dollar bill can be a good substitute. it's a smidge over 6 inches long, so the longer you measure, the less accurate it becomes (add an inch for 8 bills), but it can be helpful in a pinch.

tip #2- if you want to feel like a real fancy-schmancy absentminded decorator, use a benjamin!

6 comments:

Raina Cox said...

So clever!

Tucking that little tip away...

camdesign said...

a canadian bill is exactly 6 inches...but we only start bills at 5.00 bills (our 1.00 & 2.00 are coins)
Must admit I always have a tape with me, if I forget it I will need it for sure.

jones said...

I keep using my palm and messing up!! Will someone please send me the benjamin to use? Thanks, Mary

Tammy@InStitches said...

How many debit cards make a foot ?

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

And this is why I visit so often!

Brillante Home Decor said...

This is so clever, how many times it happened to me to forget my tape...I am going to measure right now Canadian bills and Euro bills, so I will be covered in most places I work (I have the feeling they will be all the same size). Thanks a thousand Benjamins