13 December 2010

do you believe in miracles?


do you believe in holiday miracles?  i just might now,  after what happened to nina the pup.  she was randomly introduced to a neighbor i'd never met while he was walking his dog.  her rescuer and i explained her story to the random stranger, and during a half an hour conversation, nina and the stranger seemed to bond.  he took her for a hike over the weekend, then overnight, and fell further in love. he decided nina would be a great addition to his family, but there was a catch, his lease only allowed one dog.  he contacted his landlord to find out if he could add nina to the family, and unfortunately, his landlord said no more pets- he was afraid of what might happen.

and that would would be the end of it, if this weren't the story of a miracle- the stranger, sent us this email response to his landlord's fear of "what if":


"Unquestionably, this is the opposite of how I live my life.  I don't believe in the fear of 'what if'... period.  My response was clear and simple, I gave notice to terminate the lease. Nina has a great new home, unfortunately, just not here (at his current address)."

made me cry, it did. thank goodness for people like nina's new dad!  see why i might be a believer in miracles, now?  for sure, now i believe in happy endings, as well as new beginnings- congrats to nina and her amazing new family! and a big thank you to john, nina's rescuer for his tireless efforts in finding nina a loving home.

19 comments:

Concrete Jungle said...

There you go! how wonderful, a Christmas miracle,or maybe simply,You can make it happen!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Such happy news!!!! Nina is so adorable. She deserves to have a nice Dad like that.

Typhanie said...

This is such a sweet story and it's what Christmas is all about.

Raina Cox said...

It's a Festivus miracle!

In all seriousness, all the best to Nina and her new family.

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

That is SO sweet! I am so happy that Nina has a new home, but something tells me she was in love with her intermediate home :). You are kind for taking this responsibility on. You will be blessed.
Have a nice week, Christian.
Teresa

David said...

Merry Christmas Nina, wishing you an awesome new life in your new home! And to John and Christian, well done.

maison21 said...

thanks for the well wishes to nina, all. isn't her new dad kinda amazing? makes up for being tossed out of a truck...

The Townhouselady said...

I'm sending big virtual holiday hugs to both you, John and Nina's dad. What a remarkable person (and a damn spiffy designer!) he is to give himself over so completely to Nina.

I always say that animals find and adopt us. Although Nina took a long rough path, she ended up where she was always meant to be.

Thanks guys!!

little augury said...

Yeah! this will truly be the best dog- because he has found His best person. bravo, and I do believe in dog miracles-that's what they are.

Rachel said...

So heartwarming to hear happy-ending stories like this!! I'm sure Nina is loving her new home! I'm a huge believer in rescue adoptions - there are sooooo many good pets out there in need of good homes.

And thank you for the sweet words about our pup who passed on... all the kind words really helped. :-)

Erika said...

Yay for Nina and her new Dad! Nina Nina Boo Boo is a good nickname...and what they said to the landlord!

Love doggy lovers...thanks for posting!

Norell said...

I moved to keep my first kitten too. I knew my landlord did not allow animals, but I found this beautiful gray kitten half frozen in a snowstorm. I couldn't leave her out in the snow At one point, I convinced myself I could let my friend take her to the shelter. I knew I couldn't be the one to drop her off. Within 2 hours of that decision, I reversed my decision, found a new apartment and actually ended up meeting my husband (of 30 years) because I moved.

Linda in AZ * said...

* ANYONE who doesn't just have their heart MELT after reading this, is not only a "selfish grump", but an old SCROOGE, too!

Thank you for melting MY heart!!! What a beautiful 4-legged being she is!!!

Our "Belle-girl" sends lick n' congrats to LOVELY NINA! (And may she have an extra chew-bone in her stocking this year!)...

Excuse me now, please. I want to go kiss my husband & Belle, who are patiently waiting in bed for me (come to think of it, they're probably ALREADY asleep! SUCH ANGELS!!!)...

Warmest blessings,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! I am crying with happiness, I was tempted to come get her from Boston. Her new Dad was meant to be. Perfect Holiday story!!!!

La Maison Fou said...

Lovely ending, Christian. I am so thrilled for Nina & the joy she will bring to her new partner.
Happy Holidays!
L.

The Art of Blugirl said...

Yeah for M21 and Nina's new dad, she is a lucky girl.
Thanks christian for taking the time to post about her plight and keep us updated. kisses to Tedster

jones said...

I do believe in miracles. Love knows no bounds. Mary

Vickie H. said...

Prayers answered! Lives changed!
People AND dogs blessed!!! The bounty of the season....thank you, Christian, the rescuer AND the very new owner of Nina!

eclecticrevisited said...

Hi Christian, thank-you for your tireless effort in finding Nina a good home...maureen