21 February 2013

it's in the details (what a difference a lil fabric makes)

i know i said i was going to stop publishing photos of this project, but i can't help myself. each layer we add in just gets me more and more excited. this week, we had designer's resource of the south bay out to install some curtains and cushions they whipped up for us, and i just can't stop staring at the instagrams i snapped.  what a difference a lil fabric makes!

no. 9 thompson 'seabra' for curtains. i showed matt and adam several options  for curtain fabric, but this was"the one" and i would have been crushed if they didn't select it. thank goodness, when they saw it, there was no question.  the hardware i specified in oil rubbed bronze to go with the old world vibe of the spanish revival architecture, but kept things modern with flat cap finials and tailored grommet tops. i love grommet tops as they make big fat loose folds to highlight the fabric, but are still clean and modern. props to john baker at kneedler-fauchere for making the yardage i needed happen- he went the extra mile.
in the dining room, we layered kravet "jethro" over classique tortoiseshell matchstick blinds.  exotic and cool (if i don't say so myself). 
the breakfast nook cushions are two flavors of perennials indoor/outdoor fabric.  we also have a chic blue & white duralee "suburban home" ikat for roman shades in the room, but a pic of that will have to wait until the big reveal. suburban home has tons of fresh prints at insanely good price points, btw- you can see what we selected in a prior sneek peek post here.
and of course, my favorite detail, two coordinating dog beds for 3 tiny chihuahuas and one lazy cat. ted and richard are demanding upgrades here at the atelier now that they've seen this.

7 comments:

Proper Hunt said...

Shame on me for just now finding your blog. I adore those piped cushions and the seabra curtains. Keep posting up the pics, I don't mind. I swear ;)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

love the grey and yellow!

Jennifer Boyd said...

I love the curtain fabric, what a great pop of color in any room.

www.FripperyVintage.com

dwellonthese said...

Love the dog bed. My french bulldog will be green with envy!!

mary said...

The fabrics are perfection. Your fabricator really knows his/her stuff. Great detailing on those pillows.
Mary

maison21 said...

thanks everyone- this project has been such a joy.

My Notting Hill said...

Christian - Love all the details. You've designed a wonderful space. The comment about Ted & Richard cracked me up! If you ever visit DC, let me know! Michele