07 January 2009

m21 has gone to the dogs- again

"hi- my name is ... well, that's a good question isn't it? the people here at the WLA animal shelter call me 'sammy', and the man that brought me here calls me 'sir francis bacon' (weird, i know), so i just call myself 'confused'.
i've been here for a week now, and i don't like it one bit. the other dogs bark a lot and that scares me, so i spend a lot of time curled up in my dog bed in the little house at the back of my cage. the man that comes to visit me everyday says i should come out more, so people can see how handsome i am, but i get scared, so i go back inside.

the people at the pound wrote 'timid and shy/afraid when touched' on my chart, so i don't think that's helping when people come to pick out a pet. i'm not aggressive AT ALL, and they think i'm even ok with kitties. the man who visits me and brings me treats ,says he thinks i won't be shy once i go to a new home, because i always come out to see him and i even let him pet me through the bars when the other dogs aren't barking so loud. the night i met the man, i even wagged my tail after a while, but i don't do that here- 'cuz i don't much feel like it.
the man with the treats says he's trying real hard to find me somewhere to go, but can't take me back home himself because he already has
a cat, as well as a dog who gets withdrawn and anxious when around other doggies. plus he thinks i'd be happier with a more active companion, not the big ol' couch potato that *he* is. a yard would be good too, and he doesn't have one- just a couple dinky patios. i don't think i'd care 'bout any of that, as long as i got the heck out of here. i really hate it.
do YOU know anybody that would like a handsome doggie like myself around the house? i promise i'll try to be a real good boy!"


ps- m21 here. went to visit sir francis today, and he seemed a little more at ease. i wanted to add to this post that i will cover the adoption fees ($91) if anyone was interested in adopting or fostering this pup.

11 comments:

beachbungalow8 said...

Mr. M21~ I'm sending this email out to some friends in town. I SO wish I could take him!!!!

maison21 said...

bb8-

thank you for sending an email! i wish i could take him too- he breaks my heart.

i went to visit him today, though and he seemed better when i last saw him. i actually got a few wags when he saw me, and he let another woman pet him briefly through the bars of his cage. i also talked him up to one of the volunteers, so maybe she will push him a bit to potential adopters...

contacted several rescue groups to see if i were to pay to get him out if they have anyone available to foster him- haven't heard back yet.

erika said...

well i was going to suggest megan, but it sounds like she is out... but that dog is cute and would be a great addition to your home megan. and didn't you lose your faithful canine a few months ago? just sayin'. no pressure.

Suzy said...

Trust me, if I had a yard (I don't even have a patio) and he wouldn't die of fright on a plane I'd take him...

MaryBeth said...

I wish I could but since I live in Philadelphia it might be to much for fedex. I hope he gets a good home, it is nice of you to put on the blog. Surely someone out there wants a lovely little dog?? xo, MB

maison21 said...

now, now, erika- no pressuring anyone to adopt the lil guy- that's my job! ;-) and boy, have i been pushing him on everyone i know...

marybeth, you are lucky- i don't have your home address or the big ol' fedex package might be arriving anyday! now, on the other hand, i DO have suzy's! how much do you think it would cost to fedex a 40lb box to hong kong?

next time fedex rings your bell, suzy, you might not want to answer it! :-0

Cote de Texas said...

you should take him - it's fate. there was this blogger who was living in italy and she told me this amazing story of her dog. she went to Petco to get cat food and this dog was there and he just came up to her and sat down with her and wouldn't leave her side. I can't remember why he was roaming around there - maybe he was there for an adoption. anyway. she had to take him home because he adopted her! he lived with her - went from america to italy and died there of old age. I think this has happened to you, but you won't admit it. he's adopted you - now go bring him home!!!!

Suzy said...

eeek, you DO have my address, don't you!

maison21 said...

oh joni, i just can't keep him- he's a sweetie but mona had such issues when if first got her, shy and withdrawn and TERRIFIED of other people and dogs. it took her years to get over it and be the happy go lucky doggie she is today. but every time there is another dog in the house for an extended period, she starts acting that way again. i just can't do that to her- it wouldn't be fair. best compromise i can make is to help find new guy a good home.

on a brighter note, a lady from a rescue thinks she has someone that might foster him until a permanent home is found! i'll know by the weekend.

and suzy- that lets you off the hook - for now... if foster family doesn't work out though, be expecting a ginormous box with air holes cut into it sometime next week! ;-)

Design Junkie said...

if you can figure out a way to get him to new orleans, let me know. Cleopatra Schwartz needs a brother.

courtk said...

What a doll. Have you tried posting on doggie adoption sites? There are also sites specifically for labs. Google brings them all up. Your blog is GREAT. Perhaps you can post a link to your blog too?

Sending my love to this sweet dog. He deserves a loving home. And thanks to you and your big heart!