06 January 2009

won't you be my friend?

so one week into the new year, and we've already broken one of our resolutions! you know how we said in an earlier post that we wouldn't share any of our resolutions because it's so freakin' shameful to fail in public?

well, that's the resolution we're breaking! our resolution to keep our resolutions private, that is- clear? (clear as mud, i'm sure). anyway, we have to break our resolution (the keeping private one) because it directly conflicts with another of our resolutions, and that is to be as "public" as possible in 2009! we plan to shout maison21's name from the rooftops until even penguins living at the north pole know who he is, and ask him to decorate their igloos! (ok, before some smartass national geographic reader comments- we know penguins don't live in igloos, alright? polar bears do!) anyway, this is not the time to be shy or retiring about our business, as in this economy only the aggressive and adaptive will survive- and if maison21 is one thing, he is a survivor! so we definitely plan on talkin' ourselves upand scouting out busines opportunties, even at the north pole! as our friend habitually chic suggested, we should both adopt as our 2009 motto (quoting ted turner): "early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell and advertise." and that's exactly what we're gonna do! 'cept for that whole early to rise part- that is genetically impossible for yours truly, but working and advertising like hell? we're on it!

one of the ways we'd like to get the word out about ourself, our talents and our services and products (in addition to this blog mind you) is to set up a website to showcase both our design portfolio and also do a little e-commerce business with our fabulous vintage finds. normally we'd take our time working on a site and getting it perfect, followed by a soft launch to get feedback before publicizing it, etc. but that process might take awhile (finding someone to design the site, taking all the necessary photographs, composing and proofing the copy, blah, blah, blah) and frankly, we don't feel like time is our side right now. actually, we don't think that time is on the side of any business right now, much less a small business in the luxury field of home decorating...

and that brings us to the point of our post- while waiting to get an official maison21.com website up and running, we've set up a "maison21" facebook business page in the interim, and we'd LOVE for you to visit it! for now, it's a place to park images from our portfolio (as we get it updated- a resolution sadly still carried over from last year), and it's also a place to post photos of our vintage finds (though we warn you, pickings are a bit slim right now- in direct contradiction to this post, our december sales were pretty good, and we haven't had a chance to replenish stock yet).


like a blog, a facebook business page depends on other's recommendations in order for it to grow- so we're asking, won't you be our friend? purty, please? and if you become of fan of m21's page or add it as a favorite, of course, we'll return the favor if you have a FB page highlighting your business, organization, blog or whatever... (note- anyone can visit our page to check it out, but you have to be a facebook member to be fan or add it as a favorite).

so, will we see you on facebook, friends? we hope so! special thanks to habitually chic and mrs. blandings for being amongst the first m21 FB friends- you are the best!

12 comments:

Blushing hostess said...

Ohhhhh.... M21, I've had you on my list of reads for some time, so I am happy to help! H/e, Facebook is more than I can do now with the opening of my site and three blogs to update can't maintain anything else at this point or will become mad as a spring hare :)... I'll help any other way I'm able. Just let me know...

Mrs. Blandings said...

I feel honored to be among the first. Tear it up, darling M.

Habitually Chic said...

You're too cute! I know everyone will be clamoring to be your friend and client soon!

mary said...

I am a great fan - and you will see me on your page. I want to say I'm the hot brunette in the foreground but, alas, am the white haired mom in the background. I wish you the BEST.

Pigtown-Design said...

i haven't ventured onto facebook yet. i should though. i am on the "grown-up" one - linkedin.

if i join, you'll be my first friend.

maison21 said...

thanks everybody- i'm feeling like a rockstar this morning! 11 fans before breakfast, 15 after, 17 when i got out ot the shower and 20 as of 30 seconds ago!

yay!

MIMILEE said...

I am SO a fan! I was one of the first too! Wishing you the very best for 2009.....know you will do well!

Keep up the good work, M!!

maison21 said...

i didn't know who the fifth of my first five fans was! it wa you! THANK YOU! and happy new year back to you- 2009 IS going to be great for all of us- i'm determined!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who rescues a dog off the street is a friend of mine! I'll have to register.

G in CT

Suzy said...

I'd be honoured! Cheers to all having a fab 2009!

Topsy Turvy said...

Just signed up for Twitter, now maybe I have to do Facebook too. I will visit as soon as I do! 2009 is going to be much better than predicted, I predict! Best of luck to you, Christian!

-Lana

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

I just signed up as a fan of Maison21! You should create your own blog network. I have one and you can add a little widget to your blog so that your readers can join.