03 January 2010

new years resolution: buy more vintage!

and what better place to find chic vintage then taking a tour of the maison21 marketplace, and when you're done there, be sure to check out vicky's yardsale for more glam goods!speaking of the maison21 marketplace, did we ever show you guys the before picture of le garage from 2007, when it was just a plain old garage? before m21 went crazy with spray gun and white paint? it was a week of hell: hauling, cleaning, scrubbing, and spraying, but we hated even opening the garage door before the transformation, and now we just love basking in it's minimal whiteness; plus, psychologically (at least for m21) it's just harder to store junk in a clean white space, so it really cuts down on the clutter!

6 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

The garage is my next project. I guess I'll paint it white because I need all the help I can get keeping it clean.

Erin Gates said...

I so agree. I need much more vintage in my life.

SogniSorrisi said...

I think that's a resolution I could get on board with. Its something I've been wanting to do more of myself.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

That's a garage???!! I'm going to hang my head in shame. While yours is more studio, ours is more... pit.

Perhaps Mrs. E. and I will be inspired to follow your example. Once it gets warm enough to paint.

Habitually Chic said...

Wish I had room for that shelving unit! It's so fab!

Velvet and Linen said...

Buying vintage is my kind of "green design". Save the planet one side table at a time!
Let's talk when I get back from Atlanta (give me a few days to stop shivering!). I'd love to grab some lunch or better yet a martini!

xo
Brooke