14 January 2010

tobi, tobi, tobi!


2010 is going to be a shiny new year after all! one of my favorite blog writers has rebooted her laptop and started blogging again after an absence of far, far, too long. if you haven't visited tobie et al before her recent hiatus, do make a point to visit now that she's back, as tobi's writing is not to be missed. it's laugh out-loud funny, sometimes dark, sometimes even inscrutable, but always, always entertaining, and one of best, most original blog voices out there. i may not always get what she's talking about, but i "get" this woman. love her.
tobi's new boyfriend from her latest post...

and fer crissakes, someone give tobi a book deal! i have no idea what she does for a living while working for 'mr. fussypants', but i don't think she's being paid to write, and that is a crime. for now though, go visit her blog while she's still toiling for free...

9 comments:

pillowthrowdecor said...

She's hysterical! Thanks for the heads up on this gal! Still chuckling...

Margaret said...

LOL "Mr. Fussypants" reminds me of when I had to cut the string off my boss' pants after he was on the phone, ran into a door jamb and snagged his pants. He wildly waved to me, still hooked to the phone, to 'come over and bring scissors.' Later, after he'd displayed more weird antics, I wished the scissors had slipped downward more to the south.

HOBAC said...

I love her. She always makes me laugh. And I imagine she would be great to go out with. You know - get hammered, go to a strip club, and pick up a couple of sailors kind of night.

maison21 said...

pillow- glad you enjoyed her blog. i think she a national treasure.

margaret, if you've harbored fantasies about castrating an ex-boss, then you FOR SURE and tobi et all kind of gal, and will enjoy the heck out of her blog!

hobac- it was actually on your blog last evening that i noticed a new post from tobi and almost teared up with joy (yes, i love her that much), so thanks!

and yes, i have a feeling she'd be a blast to hang out with too, though i think a might be bit scared. i have the feeling the evening wouldn't end with merely picking up drunken sailors in a strip club, as she seems like the kind of gal who would be able to make me think ANYTHING is a perfectly logical and fun idea. think "the hangover" on megadoses of steroids...

La Maison Fou said...

Pretty funny, LOL and for free?
We should be paying this girlie!
Leslie

Riviera Boardwalk said...

I am certifiable so I signed up for her blog. Please stop by and visit my blog and sign up if you like.
xoxo,
nancy
www.rivieraboardwalk.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

m21, naw, she's too scared to follow through on real crime, like me...did you read her poem to her mom? I'm telling you she'd crack like glass and give you the shirt off her back (not underpants, hopefully).

columnist said...

Hugely funny, in the "Hello vodka, it's me Chelsea" genre. Thanks for the intro.

pearlywhitegirl said...

Just found you and enjoying your blog immensely, thanks! Also loving Tobi, thanks again!