Google+

09 January 2010

weird.

maison21 grew up in southern california, and the weather here just isn't hard to predict- if the sun is shining, it's nice outside. easy, breezy.
sunny = warm

so that is why m21 just can't wrap his head around the weather forecast on his google homepage for his friends back east- if the little sun icon is not obscured by clouds, in our mind, that means it should be warm outside! honestly, we have trouble fathoming 24 degrees, yet sunny! it just doesn't seem right, unless we have pieces of fiberglass strapped to our feet and are zooming down a mountain. even then, that sh*t is cold...
same sun icon, two wildly different outcomes

and no we aren't trying to gloat- just observing that sunny and below freezing is a foreign concept to us. it's just plain weird... (those of you with frostbitten noses can return the sentiment in kind when the san andreas fault finally blows and m21 slides into the ocean).

perhaps the stupidest product of all time, yet we kinda wish it did get cold enough here to buy one for mona ;-)

in the meantime, stay warm, kids. wrap yourself (and your best friend) in a snuggie, curl up with a good book, or your favorite trash tv, and enjoy your day from the safety of a warm bed- and if it lasts much longer, should m21 make up the guest room for you?

11 comments:

Paul Anater said...

These are curious times indeed. It's normally around 70 degrees with that same sunny icon at this time of the year here. Yet, right now it's 37 degrees outside. This is the coldest day I can remember in nearly 20 years of living in Florida. I usually think of the weather in LA as chilly but at this stage of the game I'm looking west with nothing but envy. Enjoy your sunny day Christian.

DoxaHome.com said...

It is literally FREEZING here in Tampa and has been all week long, the longest "cold snap" I can ever recall in Florida....what gwan bwoy? As for the Snuggie for dogs, I think Cookie is having visions of herself in one right about now...she definitely cursing the concrete floors seeing as she rocking a new puppy cut! Thanks Christian!

Best,
Jaime

Ivy Lane said...

We are experiencing sunny and 14 degrees... snow instead of sand, leafless trees instead of palms, frozen lake instead of the roar of the ocean.... ahhh..... it's not weird..it sucks!!!(no, it actually looks like a picture postcard with the sunlight on the snow) Would love a taste of CA right now for sure!!!

Happy Weekend M21!

Grant K. Gibson said...

I love being a California Boy!

sketch42 said...

I think the explanation is an arctic air flow/wave whatever they call it, that is blowing down the whole east coast. I was just in florida for a week, and every day it dropped 5-10 degrees until it was hovering in the 40s!!! Of course, all I had was sandals and tshirts! That was COLD. I would rather be in NYC with the proper attire!!

Also, no one really seemed to know what to do there in the cold. Very strange.

The Blasphemous Fiendess said...

We all adjust somewhat to the climate of where we live. I'm in British Columbia on the west coast, the climate is basically like Seattle's. In the summer we have warm sunny weather but I remember when I was a kid a relative visiting from Jamaica spent the whole visit in his parka. Outside, I mean. On trips to Disneyland in March when the Los Angeles weather is summer weather to my internal thermometer, I've noticed the employees wearing parkas at least until around 11 am. I on the other hand, would be dressed in capris and sandals and might have a light sweater tossed around my shoulders. I like rain, but I think I could live in Caifornia, no problem.

Karena said...

Too cute Christian. Lots of shops here in Kansas City have Kitty and Doggy attire for the cold!! Of course my princess isn't going for it!

Pigtown-Design said...

25 here and the wind has been howling for the past few days, bringing "windchill" along with it. brrrrrrr.

My Notting Hill said...

If you're used to it, it's not that bad. Today I'm hoping the canal is frozen enough so we can go ice skating on it! We've done it in previous years and it's a blast.

Margaret said...

Shiver emotionally and physically, I had to venture into Wal-Mart and buy one of those ghetto plastic shrink wrap window kits. After practically falling through the window installing it, and fighting with double stick tape that isn't, plus the curtain rod fell down on me, it reduced the room by about 5 degrees, so now only my feet are frostbitten. East Coast Love.

honey living said...

the best thing about the snuggie for dogs, hands down, is that the box says "keeps you warm and your paws free." love.