17 October 2010

the wish list: john dickinson table

plastered chic: a john dickinson african stool-inspired table, offered by epoca, san franciso on 1stdibs.
we have jones'd for a john dickinson three-legged stool ever since we first saw one in an old architectural digest back-issue from the 70's. of course, one could buy a nice used car for the price of this little beauty, but never mind- this is the wish list, not the reality-based affordable acquisition list. in real life, until we find a client who shares our vision of plaster loveliness,  we'll just have to settle for a beat-up old stool that we can spray paint white...

4 comments:

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

Very interesting piece. I'm not certain what I like about it, but it works.
Have a nice day.
Teresa

Grant K. Gibson said...

If you find a pair- I will split them with you!
I once met a woman that had NO CLUE that these were so valuable/popular. I wanted to steal it from her. But I didn't. I will keep dreaming. I think that we share some of the same dreams...

Squeak said...

I love that stool! I bought something vaguely similar from Oly Studio - the Ari side table. Except that it has hooves instead of toes. And it looks absolutely gorgeous next to my Belle Epoque bed.

Amanda Teal said...

L.O.V.E. this table. The office I previously worked in had one in the entry and I used to drool over it. It was purchased at an antique store in South Carolina and the owner had NO IDEA what it was, so it was a total steal...waiting for that to happen to me!