 |
| plastered chic: a john dickinson african stool-inspired table, offered by epoca, san franciso on 1stdibs. |
we have jones'd for a
john dickinson three-legged stool ever since we first saw one in an old architectural digest back-issue from the 70's. of course, one could buy a nice used car for the price of this little beauty, but never mind- this is the wish list, not the reality-based affordable acquisition list. in real life, until we find a client who shares our vision of plaster loveliness, we'll just have to settle for a beat-up old stool that we can spray paint white...
4 comments:
Very interesting piece. I'm not certain what I like about it, but it works.
Have a nice day.
Teresa
If you find a pair- I will split them with you!
I once met a woman that had NO CLUE that these were so valuable/popular. I wanted to steal it from her. But I didn't. I will keep dreaming. I think that we share some of the same dreams...
I love that stool! I bought something vaguely similar from Oly Studio - the Ari side table. Except that it has hooves instead of toes. And it looks absolutely gorgeous next to my Belle Epoque bed.
L.O.V.E. this table. The office I previously worked in had one in the entry and I used to drool over it. It was purchased at an antique store in South Carolina and the owner had NO IDEA what it was, so it was a total steal...waiting for that to happen to me!
Post a Comment