03 July 2008

only mad dogs...

and decorators?

the fiery forecast for the 4th of july weekend in palm springs- where mona and maison21 will try to avoid spontaneously combusting into human and canine torches by spending as much time in the pool as possible. mona, surprisingly, is quite the swimmer. well, maybe not the best swimmer in all actuality- but she sure loves to jump and out of the pool- over and over and over again! with each brief dunk followed by a loudly barking victory lap run 'round the perimeter of the pool, and then a few vigorous shakes, before jumping back into the water to do it all over again. repeat to infinity- she will literally do this until she drops.

richard, being neither fond of swimming or of car rides, will sit out this holiday in the more temperate environs of the maison21 atelier. smart kitty!


happy fourth, everybody!

9 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

And the humidity would be??? It's 100 here now, with only 26% humidity, which is bone-dry for us. It's usually in the 70-90% range which makes everything miserable.

Hope you and the kiddos have a great 4th!

katiedid said...

Try and stay cool! Richard is so very adorable! Well, Mona too of course, but I don't think I had met Richard before.

Jennifer said...

I did that once. I fried an egg on the sidewalk. And I vowed never to return to the fire pits of hell again! It's too damn hot!

muralimanohar said...

Holy crap. I am sitting here HATING the cold, but that is just going TOO FAR.

maison21 said...

meg- humidity is 20% in the springs. i was there when an all time record was broken at 121 degrees and there were thunder showers, so humidity was high, and i ended up getting heat storke (not fun). oh yeah, the air conditioner *blew up* becase it couldn't hnandle the heat either. even the pool was too hot to swim in...

thanks, katie- he's a handsome devil, isn't he?

jennifer and murali- yes, i agree it's too much! actually, i might change my mind about going altogether- i'm still here in l.a. and might just stay. one of the friends i'm going out to visit has the flu, and the only thing i can thing of more miserable that 118 degree weather is 118 degree weather with a fever!

Topsy Turvy said...

Wow, those temps are miserably familiar to us Floridians.
Richard, however, looks unfazed and quite stunning! Perhaps he and Mitz should text each other about their least favorite holiday.
I'm with you - I'll be in the pool.

-Lana

Elizabeth said...

My mom and I love your blog...even with the black/dark background. I think it's fine on the eyes as you use large font and great colors. We enjoy your posts very much!

Pigtown-Design said...

M21... that sounds miserable! 121! I think the top of my head would blow off. It was rainy and 70's here today, but 90%+ humidity.

Cote de Texas said...

too cute!!!! you crack me up.