14 July 2008

true confessions (it really is an illness, people)

hi, my name is maison21 and i am addicted...

to bright and shiny things.

yes, you heard m21 right- he is going public with his struggle with bright and shiny object disease.

below, behold the 1000 kilowatt splendor of the maison21 showroom- formerly the garage where m21 parked his car, but as our addiction grew, it had to be housed somewhere, so the m21 mobile got kicked to the curb. literally.
if only there was a 12 step program for our disease. but alas, the betty ford center for addiction to bright and shiny things has yet to be opened, so we've turned our liability into an asset, namely the maison21 ebay store- where you can find the above beauties, as well as some more recent additions since the photo was taken (just one month ago).

pretty things like this:


and this:


and this:

would you believe that there's even more that we haven't even had time to photograph yet? there is.

now some of you might think of this post as blatant self-promotion- fine, go ahead, judge maison21. BUT if m21 can just reach one other person struggling with bright and shiny object disease, and let them know they are not alone, well, it will have been well worth risking your scorn- m21 only wants to help...


***above post sponsored by the american council for bright and shiny object disease

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Um, I have been HUNTING for light fixtures for The Manor and now I know where the perfect ones are hiding -- your garage! Dammit!

purely practical lifestyle said...

I have a "lamp - light fixture thing" in general, so I will skip on over to ebay and check out your sparklies.

FancyPants-design said...

yay!! I love bright and shiny things too:) Wow.. looks like you have quite a collection.. beautiful!!!

Pigtown-Design said...

You're a magpie, but without the stealing part!

Trying to gather enough thoughts to do a post on the bordello-chic.

I have one houseguest who has been raised by wolves, and another just left.

Suzy said...

I wish I had your garage...

by the way, I have passed the Brilliant Blog award to you!

maison21 said...

suzy- what an honor to be included on your list! i feel like a freshman who somehow made the varsity team...

Alkemie said...

I LOVE your chandeliers! WOW. I have quite an addiction for bright and shiny things myself. So much so that I have to now take to renting out some storage because I don't have a garage. I so identify with this addiction!

maison21 said...

karen- that's why i have to sell on ebay, and you are planning on opening on online store- we couldn't stop ourselves if we tried!

My Notting Hill said...

wow - much better use for your garage. Off to check out your ebay store.