16 April 2009

so damn freaky, i'm super freakin' out...

m21 attended the exhibition of the contents of neverland yesterday, and has two words: super freaky (with apologies to super freak rick james for paraphrasing his deep and meaningful lyrics in my post title). more super-freakiness later as our plate is full today. plus we took far too many photos of the treasures, so we'll need a while to digest and edit them.

super freaky number 2- one of the reasons we have to time to post today is we are on our way to the hospital for minor procedure to relieve the pain of the pinched discs in our neck. it involves a long needle injecting things directly into our spinal column, so we are super-freaking out about that as well.. (it's a called a cervical epidural, and though it sounds pregnancy related, it's not- m21 is well past his child-bearing years. ;-) and yes, we know, women have epidurals all the time during childbirth, so no big whoop. we also know that women handle this kind of thing with far more bravery then men, so it is indeed a big whoop for this big sissy. this is our second one and we are still freaked out by it).
image grabbed from jaslok hospital pain management.

10 comments:

Lucinda said...

Yowza! I hope everything goes okay.

Tracy said...

aaaaaaahhhhh!!!
Your POST is freaking me out! That cannot be a fun procedure no matter how many times you've had it done so I hope it brings you great relief.
((CAN'T WAIT to hear about your experience at the MJ exhibition.))

stacey costello said...

I wish you a speedy recovery! I am humbled by your bravery...I just couldn't have it done when suggested by my Dr. I'm the sissy here!

Good Luck & Take Care

Stacey

katiedid said...

EEeeek! epidurals are a peice of cake...but I am still sorry you have to go through it and that you are hurting! I will be thinking aboutcha and sending good and healing thoughts your way.

YSLGuy said...

I hope you make it through the procedure with little pain and heal quickly.

I can't wait to see the pics from the exhibit

maison21 said...

thanks for the well wishes, everybody! all went well, and outside of the soreness from where they stuck the knitting needle in (ok, not quite THAT big), all is good. hopefully the good effects will set in over teh next 48 hours and all will be golden.

in the meantime, i'm trying the narrow the 250 photos i took down to twenty good ones that best illustrate the tragedy of neverland. not so hard to eliminate half, as the exhibit was dark so lots and lots are totally blurry!

Suzy said...

Poor you! I would definitely be super freaked out by that too...

Patricia Gray said...

I am glad to hear that your visit to the hospital went well.
Take Care.
Patricia

lady jicky said...

Just sit there and when the needle comes appaears - think of that freaky exhibition you went to see - that should numb you darlin!
* I do hope this one hits the spot so to speak and you do not have to go through it ever again. Sending you healing vibes!

Pigtown-Design said...

honey... so glad it went well and that you're going to be pain free!